Join us at Seabrook for our Annual ASC Retreat!
We are excited to head to the Washington coast this spring for our annual A Seattle Church retreat. We got a GREAT deal and will be renting 15 houses in the beautiful beach town of Seabrook! Check out the details below and get registered today for what is sure to be a great time for all of us together in a beautiful place.
$99 per Adult
$20 per Kid (bring sleeping bags)
Yes, those are totals for the weekend! We've been able to lower the cost of the retreat this year by renting several houses and better utilizing space by having kids bring sleeping bags. Are you interested in sharing a house with anyone in particular? Remember to let us know when you sign up!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
From Seattle (I-5):
- From Olympia, travel west on US 101 N for 6 miles. Stay to the left and merge onto HWY 8 continuing toward Aberdeen & Hoquiam. HWY 8 becomes HWY 12 and takes you into Aberdeen (~40 mi).
- Once in Aberdeen, follow the signs to Highway 101 North.
- As you're leaving Aberdeen and entering Hoquiam, continue west on Sumner Avenue still foillowing Highway 101 North.
- Once parallel to the water at the end of the street, merge into the middle lane prior to crossing the bridge and follow the sign to 101 North - Forks. Exit the bridge in the far right lane that takes a sharp right.
- Continue north on Highway 101 N through Hoquiam and toward Forks for 4.2 miles.
- At the sign for Ocean Beaches, turn left onto Ocean Beach Road towards Pacific Beach/Moclips. Stay on Ocean Beach Road for 20.3 miles. Note: when you get to Copalis Crossing, stay on Ocean Beach road, to the left at the fork - do not turn right towards Humptulips.
- At the end of Ocean Beach Road, take a left onto SR 109 at the 4-way stop sign at the entrance of Pacific Beach. In just half a mile, Seabrook will be on your left! Welcome!
HOW DO MEALS WORK?
Meals are not included in the price. We recommend coordinating with your housemates on meals for Friday and Saturday. While there is a small grocer at Seabrook, it has limited items - so bring snacks, drinks, etc. with you. The houses are fully stocked with dishes, cookware, utensils, and full-sized fridges and freezers. There are also a few restaurants and cafes in Seabrook to eat at. We will provide lunch on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday.
WHAT FOOD OPTIONS ARE IN THE AREA?
There are several food options around the Pacific Beach area. We've listed a few favorites below:
Red Velvet Bakery ... by the Sea - Offering a variety of your favorite fresh-baked items daily – everything under the Seabrook sun – as well as beach box lunches. They serve a delicious cup of fresh roasted Batdorf & Bronson coffee and espresso.
Mill 109 Restaurant - Seabrook's family friendly restaurant, the Mill 109 Restaurant & Pub, is located right at the entrance of town offering a cozy atmosphere and tasty food. Serving lunch and dinner every day and breakfast on the weekends, the Mill 109 menu features a wide range of cuisine types guaranteed to satisfy all your tastes.
Front Street Market - Front Street Market welcomes residents and visitors alike with a fresh take on groceries and essentials for your daily or vacation needs. This family owned and operated market offers a fine selection of produce, dairy, beer and wine, deli meats, snacks and frozen food.
WHAT IS THERE TO DO?
In addition to promenades and walking trails galore, you'll find a central amphitheater, a hilltop and oceanfront park, outdoor games and playgrounds, a Town Hall, fire pits, horseshoe pits, a heated indoor pool, and spacious Crescent Park.
IS SOMEONE ORGANIZING RIDES TO THE RETREAT?
While we aren’t organizing rides to and from the retreat, we encourage you to check out our utilize our internal Facebook group and get the conversation started! If you need an invite to the Facebook group send us an email and we'll get you connected.
WHAT DOES THE SCHEDULE LOOK LIKE?
Check-in on Friday any time after 4pm and get ready for a casual hang-out that evening. Saturday we have group sessions lined up, some great activities to join in during the breaks, and time to enjoy the seaside. Sunday morning we'll share breakfast and have a final group session before heading back to the city. Childcare will be provided during our sessions. A final schedule will be posted shortly.