In 2008, I began an internship at a church in urban Seattle and it changed my life. It was the perfect space for me to explore my growing heart for serving Jesus, people, the local church, and the city I love. It also helped me to better understand the spiritual gifts and strengths I had been given and how those could function in creating an environment where people could experience the love and grace of Jesus. Along the way, I also got a lot of clarity about what I am not good at and don't want to spend my life doing. I gained invaluable experience for ministering both inside and outside of the church. I tell people all the time that it was truly incredible to get a season where my job was to "be me, love Jesus, and help people." I am not sure if I would be a pastor today without the encouragement, empowerment, and equipping this role gave me.
Our newly-forming A Seattle Church community is looking for interns to help in a variety of ways. Whether part-time or full-time, we believe that your gifts can help our community to function best as part of Christ's body, the church. Doing so in our setting is exciting because we will work to combine your talents/gifts with the needs our community has. Together, we will find a role for you to serve in that will be on the ground level of a community being loved, and living loved with our neighbors and city.
Areas of potential leadership and service include:
- Relational Care (encouraging friendship and discipleship inside/outside of our community)
- Age-Group Ministry (kids, youth, college)
- Groups Leadership (partnering to provide spaces for community to gather around our city)
- Administrative Support (working with team members on ministry logistics)
- Event Coordination (retreats, special events, etc)
- Ministry leadership (music team, Sunday service planning, hospitality)
Our Interns will be provided with:
- trust and in integral role on our leadership team
- experiential learning in an area of servant-leadership
- discipleship from a leadership team member who will partner with you
- a healthy community to:
- experience Jesus' love and grace, while growing in your personal faith
- try out your gifts, talents, and passions in ministry
- take chances and risk, fail, and succeed in a place that encourages innovation and loving partnership
- have a lot of fun on a creative, out-of-the-box team
- discover a stronger sense of your vocational call in ministry
- build your resume and create relational connections for your professional life thereafter
Is This The Right Fit And Opportunity For You?
If so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a note about your desire to help and an attached resume. If this opportunity is not for you, but you can think of someone who would be a great fit, please forward this link on to them and encourage them to contact us?
A Testimony from our first intern, Lauren Whitcomb's experience:
"I really loved seeing the leadership team handle different situations, wrestle with questions and identity, and be very purposeful in what happens on Sunday, throughout the week in groups, and being the best resource to the community as possible. That gave me a lot to think about in moving forward in church life as well as leadership in general....My favorite things about this experience have always been when the community is gathered and I get to see and experience the way in which people relate to one another and build friendships and worship with joy. I love the atmosphere which has been fostered, and it’s been incredible to be a part of it as an observer and leader."